POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : DAZ Studio beta available : Re: DAZ Studio beta available Server Time
29 Apr 2024 03:06:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DAZ Studio beta available
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 20 Apr 2004 17:27:34
Message: <408595c6$1@news.povray.org>

news:4083f285$1@news.povray.org...
> I gave it a quick look.  Nice usable interface.  It imported my poser
> files just fine but I see that the export function is grayed out?  Does
> not bode well for this being a free product?

It's grayed out for me too. I couldn't find a mention of this problem in the
DAZ and Renderosity forums, apart someone who noticed it too. Hardcore Poser
users are rarely interested with exporting their models though.
As obj export is listed in the documentation, I guess that it's not
implemented yet. Given the terrible experience I had with file exports in
other software, I'm willing to let them all the time they need to make sure
it's working fine...

Like you said, the interface is fine and usable and does better than Poser
in some areas, particularly the object selection and the object hierachies,
which are similar to the ones found in other modern software. It's horribly
slow in some cases though (I can hardly make Vicky move) and some people are
loudly complaining about this and problems typical of betas. I'm wondering
if these are the same who were loudly complaining about Poser 5 some time
ago...

Also it turned Poser 5's Judy character into a Francis Bacon figure gone
through a shredder. Impressive :)

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com